Here is a simple egg sandwich recipe with some notes thrown in for the absolute beginner.
Anyway, as this is a simple recipe, it covers the basics and took me around 15 minutes to make. Also, you only need two ingredients, which are eggs and mayonnaise, and three if you add bread. Everything else is extra.
Take note that the bread you should use is non-toasted. Sliced tasty bread is the best. If there’s too much texture from the bread, you won’t enjoy it as much as the egg mixture is light and fluffy.
This recipe is for two people.
- Eggs – 2-3pcs
- Mayonnaise – 1/3 cup Lady’s Choice, or Kewpie but any should suffice, more if you want creamier
- Bread – Tasty bread
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt & Pepper – 1 tsp, to taste
- Worcestershire Sauce / Knorr Liquid Seasoning – a couple of dashes to add some umami
- Boil some water into a pot. Do not put eggs yet into water, wait for it to boil.
- Once boiling, lessen the heat and put your eggs in. Take note that too high heat can crack the egg and your whites will start to mix with the water. Also, water will go into your egg and eventually make your mixture soupy.
- You should always time the cooking, you can use your phone.
- Wait for 8 minutes before removing the eggs. Seven if you want the yolk a bit runny, like those ajitama from ramen shops. Earlier than seven would make the yolk too liquidy.
- After removing the eggs, you could put them into an ice bath to stop the cooking, but you can run them through running water as an alternative. Remove the shells and put them into a bowl.
- Use a fork to mash and mix the eggs. Then put in the mayonnaise, and then the other ingredients if applicable to taste.